Cancer Horoscope: January 2014
Don't look back because the future, particularly in relationships, could look very different from the past this month. January starts with the New Moon in Capricorn on January 1 that falls in your 7th House of Others. This is usually an orderly event that's more about tidying up alliances than tearing them down. Yet this lunation is challenged by tense planetary aspects from revolutionary Uranus, provocative Pluto, pushy Mars, and excessive Jupiter that are likely to stir restless feelings and spring surprises.
If you're in a partnership, it's better to shake it up than to try to hold it down. Invite change, be the change and connections in your personal and professional life will be more exciting. Sure, it's risky to break patterns, yet bold thoughts and actions can free you from boredom and could even advance your professional interests.
Your ability to understand unconventional behavior or values different than your own grows when brainy Mercury flies into quirky Aquarius and your 8th House of Deep Sharing on January 11, followed there by the Sun on January 19. An open mind is your invitation to intimacy and even more powerful business partnerships. Trust your instincts around the Full Moon in Cancer on January 15. Your emotions can be very strong then but you should know how to turn those feelings in a constructive direction.
Stabilizing Saturn forms a favorable trine to the Moon and supportive sextile to the Sun, which provides reason and common sense. In fact, you might be particularly skilled at transforming a potentially losing situation into a winning one by focusing on key points and ignoring minor issues.
Keep in Mind this Month
You can't control other people and you certainly don't want them controlling you. Establishing new rules in relationships is one way to provide both freedom and safety.
Key Dates for Cancer
SUPER NOVA DAYS
January 5: More is Not Always Better
The Capricorn Sun's opposition to expansive Jupiter in Cancer may increase your appetite for life but if your expectations and expenses are extravagant, you might regret going so far.
January 31: Battling for Your Beliefs
Philosophical Jupiter in your sign makes you passionate about your beliefs but could go to extremes when opposing intense Pluto. Speaking your truth is important -- just be careful of where and how you do it.
Find answers to your difficult questions. Get a 3 min reading FREE. Call 1-888-377-6047
Don’t know your sign?
- Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 19)
- Taurus (Apr 20 - May 20)
- Gemini (May 21 - Jun 20)
- Cancer (Jun 21 - Jul 22)
- Leo (Jul 23 - Aug 22)
- Virgo (Aug 23 - Sep 22)
- Libra (Sep 23 - Oct 22)
- Scorpio (Oct 23 - Nov 21)
- Sagittarius (Nov 22 - Dec 21)
- Capricorn (Dec 22 - Jan 19)
- Aquarius (Jan 20 - Feb 18)
- Pisces (Feb 19 - Mar 20)
Today's Astro Spotlight
- The Master Numbers One of the most fascinating and least understood aspects of Numerology has to do with the Master numbers. There are three Master numbers -- they are 11, 22 and 33.
- Missing An Element The usual morning routine in my house goes something like this:I wake up and proceed into my daughter's room where she lays comatose. I wake her up. I ramble into the kitchen to get a pot of coffee on and make her lunch.
- Pain Is Inevitable, Suffering Is Optional She sat across from me at my kitchen table with remarkable posture and presence. A young woman with Virgo rising always appears put together, cool as a cucumber. But I knew better.
- A "Filthy Rich" Horoscope It fascinates me to know that each time I study my Astrology birth chart I am looking at the horoscope of someone with indications of significant wealth. Yep, I've got the birth chart of a rich person.
Current Moon Phase