Libra Horoscope: January 2014
Signals are mixed this month as the pressure to buckle down and take care of business is countered by your needs for freedom and stimulation. The action starts on January 1 with the New Moon in Capricorn. This ordinarily organized event occurs in your 4th House of Roots, reminding you that success starts at home. Putting your living space in order and dealing with family issues should be your priorities.
Yet being inventive is a must since sticking to old rules and plans is not easy with this wild and wooly New Moon. Eccentric Uranus, provocative Pluto, aggressive Mars and expansive Jupiter make tense angles to this Sun-Moon conjunction to spring surprises and evoke powerful feelings. Making changes in your habits now lays a foundation for taking your career in a positive direction later.
Venus, your romantic ruling planet, begins 2014 in reverse. Her retrograde cycle, which lasts until January 31, is a time to review relationships and re-evaluate your assets. Thinking about someone from your past and, perhaps, even reconnecting with this person is possible. If you have a partner now, finding ways to renew passion should be a priority. Tapping into unused artistic abilities and social skills are also potential benefits of Venus' backwards period.
Creative thinking grows when brainy Mercury enters innovative Aquarius and your expressive 5th House of Expression on January 11 and your heart opens when the Sun lights up this romantic part of your chart on January 19. Your playful spirit is driven by imagination and will make it so much easier to have fun and get attention during the next 30 days.
Keep in Mind this Month
Sticking to the old ways of running your life appears to be the responsible thing to do, but if you're truly committed to personal and professional fulfillment, taking chances is more likely to work.
Key Dates for Libra
SUPER NOVA DAYS
January 7: Smooth Operator
A conjunction between verbal Mercury and alluring Venus invites sweet conversations. You will be able to discuss delicate issues in a gracious manner and have the keen eye of an artist who can find beauty in almost any situation.
January 11: Value Added
Vivacious Venus backs over the Sun while both planets align favorably with responsible Saturn. This puts your feet on the ground without locking you into an immovable position. Being reasonable earns you respect, garners trust in relationships and restores your sense of self-worth.
Find answers to your difficult questions. Get a 3 min reading FREE. Call 1-888-377-6047
Don’t know your sign?
- Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 19)
- Taurus (Apr 20 - May 20)
- Gemini (May 21 - Jun 20)
- Cancer (Jun 21 - Jul 22)
- Leo (Jul 23 - Aug 22)
- Virgo (Aug 23 - Sep 22)
- Libra (Sep 23 - Oct 22)
- Scorpio (Oct 23 - Nov 21)
- Sagittarius (Nov 22 - Dec 21)
- Capricorn (Dec 22 - Jan 19)
- Aquarius (Jan 20 - Feb 18)
- Pisces (Feb 19 - Mar 20)
Today's Astro Spotlight
- When You're Going Through Hell, Keep Going Outer planets Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are heavy hitters. These guys mean business, and when they transit a personal planet (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars) or angle in your chart by close degree, you can count on upsets in your world.
- Feed Your Moon Astrologically, at the root of depression, I believe, is a starving Moon. If your natal lunar needs are not being met then the rest of your horoscope has a difficult time functioning.
- My Mother's Day Feng Shui Ritual Each year, when my kids ask me what I want for Mother's Day, I offer the same immediate response: "I want to play in the dirt."You see, plants are a huge part of my personal Feng Shui Mother's Day ritual.
- Overcoming My Saturn in Cancer I've never considered myself an animal person. It's not that I don't appreciate the adorable cuddliness of a pet -- I do. My feelings around animals (and babies) are ... complicated.
Current Moon Phase