Libra Horoscope: January 2014
Signals are mixed this month as the pressure to buckle down and take care of business is countered by your needs for freedom and stimulation. The action starts on January 1 with the New Moon in Capricorn. This ordinarily organized event occurs in your 4th House of Roots, reminding you that success starts at home. Putting your living space in order and dealing with family issues should be your priorities.
Yet being inventive is a must since sticking to old rules and plans is not easy with this wild and wooly New Moon. Eccentric Uranus, provocative Pluto, aggressive Mars and expansive Jupiter make tense angles to this Sun-Moon conjunction to spring surprises and evoke powerful feelings. Making changes in your habits now lays a foundation for taking your career in a positive direction later.
Venus, your romantic ruling planet, begins 2014 in reverse. Her retrograde cycle, which lasts until January 31, is a time to review relationships and re-evaluate your assets. Thinking about someone from your past and, perhaps, even reconnecting with this person is possible. If you have a partner now, finding ways to renew passion should be a priority. Tapping into unused artistic abilities and social skills are also potential benefits of Venus' backwards period.
Creative thinking grows when brainy Mercury enters innovative Aquarius and your expressive 5th House of Expression on January 11 and your heart opens when the Sun lights up this romantic part of your chart on January 19. Your playful spirit is driven by imagination and will make it so much easier to have fun and get attention during the next 30 days.
Keep in Mind this Month
Sticking to the old ways of running your life appears to be the responsible thing to do, but if you're truly committed to personal and professional fulfillment, taking chances is more likely to work.
Key Dates for Libra
SUPER NOVA DAYS
January 7: Smooth Operator
A conjunction between verbal Mercury and alluring Venus invites sweet conversations. You will be able to discuss delicate issues in a gracious manner and have the keen eye of an artist who can find beauty in almost any situation.
January 11: Value Added
Vivacious Venus backs over the Sun while both planets align favorably with responsible Saturn. This puts your feet on the ground without locking you into an immovable position. Being reasonable earns you respect, garners trust in relationships and restores your sense of self-worth.
Find answers to your difficult questions. Get a 3 min reading FREE. Call 1-888-377-6047
Don’t know your sign?
- Aries (Mar 21 - Apr 19)
- Taurus (Apr 20 - May 20)
- Gemini (May 21 - Jun 20)
- Cancer (Jun 21 - Jul 22)
- Leo (Jul 23 - Aug 22)
- Virgo (Aug 23 - Sep 22)
- Libra (Sep 23 - Oct 22)
- Scorpio (Oct 23 - Nov 21)
- Sagittarius (Nov 22 - Dec 21)
- Capricorn (Dec 22 - Jan 19)
- Aquarius (Jan 20 - Feb 18)
- Pisces (Feb 19 - Mar 20)
Today's Astro Spotlight
- Grand Fire Trine Alert! My daughter is trying her best to get me on board with her desire to get her first tattoo before she turns 18. In her attempt to convince me, she recently bought some clever (and beautiful) temporary tattoos and has been busy creating designs and showing them off to me. While her practical Taurus mom has no intention of allowing her to get a real tattoo until she's older, I have to admit that I was
- Predicting Marriage OK, so you've fallen in love. Your heart is soaring and life is grand. But will this romance lead to commitment or marriage?To answer that question we need to consider the 7th house of your Astrology chart! The 7th house is the house that rules marriage and all committed relationships.
- Predicting Love Falling in love with someone doesn't happen every day. And marriage? That's an even rarer occurrence. But BOTH of these life changing events can be predicted in the birth chart! Of course, it's up to you and your free will whether or not you'll actually open your heart or walk down the aisle, but astrologically speaking, an astrologer can smell these cycles from a mile away.
- Cleaning Out Your 12th House Closet I'm all about the Water houses. There's a never-ending well of depth, mystery and soul to drink from the 4th, 8th and 12th house of any birth chart. Without fail, each time I tackle my own chart something new reveals itself, particularly in these psychologically rich areas.
Current Moon Phase